Book N Tech

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Step up to the Plate, Dell!

Before the rise of Android and the popularity of Apple, Dell ranked supreme in the computer world. I myself am typing this post on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Dell has always been the top computer maker and was seemingly on the right track. With the age of new computing the “mobile way” laptops shrank in width and desktops had screens thinner than a USB flash drive. I bought my Inspiron in 2009 when Vista had came out and was starting to make a name for itself. To me I knew a lot about using a computer, but nothing about hardware. I was about 9 and all I knew was I was getting a laptop. My dad took me to Best Buy and I saw whole shelves of laptops. At the time Dell had a large corporation and all of the current competition was barely getting started. I bought the Inspiron 1545 for about $545. I took it home bouncing with joy not being able to wait to use Windows Vista for the first time. When I got it I had around 3 hours of light to medium work (stop motion animation). Now after all this time it is down to a mere 23 minutes of light work (just looking at pictures). Dell products have been declining in quality now because of larger demand. Now Windows 7 have come to the tablet pc world and they jumped on the opportunity. The Duo the new Inspiron is a netbook and tablet combined into one device has gotten many rotten reviews. Mostly because of the weight and uselessness of touch screen. Once Dell produced the fastest pc’s around blowing the competition to dust. Now the only thing I give them credit for is their Alien ware gaming laptops. Dell made a feeble attempt to look good by making skins for your laptop to have a new color. Dell, If you want to be a serious company, and actually try to make products to beat out the Ipad then get back to the drawing boards, hire and fire, and start working! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+